Thursday, August 20, 2015

July 22nd -25th Mom and dad in Seattle

Mom and dad planned an Alaskan cruise last year with 3 days in Seattle before boarding the LOVE BOAT.  ;)  It was so great to have them both here in our home. This was the first time dad has been up here.  He couldn't believe how green and tall the trees are her.  Quite the different terrain from Las Vegas desert.
He asked if he could work on some unfinished projects in my house...like the leak in our shower.  I loved that he could be around us in the this first month of Kaylie's life.  Sometimes I feel like we are in our own world here in Seattle and so far away from my family...
 As I rocked and fed Kaylie this evening, I was watching Decker and Cody play cards with their grandmas and aunt, with my dad on the couch and Mike ready at a moments notice to change Kaylie's diaper.  I just felt my heart overflow with JOY and I was so in love with my life and family.  I just felt such an appreciation for every person in that room and loved that we were all together.
 Mike took the boys and grandma to Costco...while dad and I hung out at home for awhile.  Good chance to have some one on one time.
 Walking around in the backyard.  This summer has been so dry that our yard is brown....the grass is dead and we haven't had rain in like 50 days--I don't really know how many, but it's been a lot.  And we've had record breaking temperatures for July. Despite the heat...we lucked out while mom and dad were here.  It cooled off enough to keep the house cool.  However as us Seattleites were appreciating the reprieve from the heat, dad needed a blanket.  ;)

  Then it was time to take them to their ship.  7 day cruise to Alaska.
 
 
After dropping them off, we went to the locks where boats go from the ocean water to lake water and salmon return home to their birthing place.
 Here a boat comes into the locks.  They close the gates and then fill up the space with water to raise the boat.  Then open the gates on the other side to move to the new water.

 Here's the boys watching.
 Then we went to watch the salmon...These glasses were to help with the glare so you could see the fish better.

 They also had an observation room with windows to see the salmon moving from the ocean to the lakes and rivers.  They have to go up a ladder to get home.
 After our visit to the locks, we went to Dick's and had burgers and shakes.  It was a fun afternoon.  By the time I got home I was worn out.  I could feel it...still trying to recover from surgery.  It's one of the most frustrating things...I feel good and then I do something normal like walk around and it totally puts me in bed trying to recuperate.

Then a week later, August 1st, we went to pick up mom and dad from their cruise.  They said it rained every day except for the last day in Victoria.
 So great to see them again, if only for a short time while taking them to the airport.


 I'm not sure what I'm laughing about, but it sure is funny!  ;)  Hopefully we can have another visit in the future.  Thank you for coming to Seattle and our home!!

No comments: