Sunday, July 13, 2014

Breiden and Danielle June 3, 2014


 Celebrations for Breiden and Danielle.  Wow!  I have a nephew getting married.  Hard to believe!  A couple of nights before the big day we went out to Jon's house and had bbq pork dinners.  YUM, then later we started a little campfire in the back yard.  All the kids loved it.  We got out hot dogs and s'mores and told stories.  What a fun night.
Then the next night we decorated the gym at the church with White Christmas lights with colored flowered egg cartons.  It was amazing.  Jon and Julie were the designers and the caterers.  It was all so romantically beautiful.  And what a job to feed 100 family and friends.  We had ham, roast beef, potatoes, salad, and tons of desserts.  My sister in law is amazing!  I guess with 7 kids you learn to do a million things and to do them well.  :)  It was all so perfect.

Here's a pic of the bride to be with some of the little kiddos.  Story time...
 Decker and Cody couldn't wait to get a strawberry and mutilate it using a knife that every table had.  The knives were so fun for them...
 Jon started out the dinner and then a few friends got to share some stories about this couple.
 Cody's picture for the couple.
 Leah, Sophie and I.  Fun night!

 Here's the beautiful lights.  So crazy beautiful...strung across the gym several times...without knotting everything up.   As we were decorating the gym, Mike G called and said he and Breez wanted to fly up and then drive home with mom and Adam or Leah.  So we went back and forth on the phone trying to get him and Breez plane tickets.  They got in about 10 p.m.  Yay!


 
 mom and me..
 The groom...not nervous at all.
 




 Andy Rylee with his cute girlfriend.  :)
 Lexie and I were playing a game.  Open your mouth wide and make  a noise.  So cute!
 
 She loves her mama!
 
 
 The nursery doors were left open, so the toys came out.  ;)
 The next morning at the temple.  Mike and I went to the sealing.  It was so neat.  The sealer performing the ceremony gave advice to this new couple and he said there are 3 WORDS you have to live by if you want a strong marriage and that will keep you on the right path. "FOLLOW THE BRETHREN".  What simple yet profound words.  They will keep us on the right path and in the right direction.
While we waited for the couple to come out of the temple, we took some pictures and waited.




 When will they come out???  i thought it would be cute if Cody and Decker could open the doors as Breiden and Rylee opened our doors when Mike and I came out of the temple.  These doors were way too heavy for these little tykes.
 Yay!  Here they are!
 


 They exchanged rings out here for all to see.



 That fountain had all the kids making wishes...like I wish I could go swimming in there....I wish I could get wet...I wish I could get the money at the bottom of the pool.  Grandma eventually gave all the kids some pennies to make a wish.  A wish that as they got older, they would all be able to come back to the temple and be married and sealed to their sweethearts.


 
 


  pics with Danielle's parents...

 

 
 




 I love how Cody hugs on to me.  He is constantly reminding me every day that he loves me and gives me hugs and kisses.
 

 we found a visitor out on the grounds.

 
 After the ceremony, we were in the neighborhood of some of Mike's friends.  So we stopped to visit.  The boys had fun playing downstairs in their basement.

 Then we went to In n Out Burger.  I was craving their burgers...we don't have these in WA, so I wanted to make a special stop.  Love their hats!
 We went back to Uncle James' house and took naps and played with the cousins, before we headed up to the Wedding reception.  We were planning on leaving from the reception and driving to Boise to stay the night and then get up early in the morning to finish the trip to WA.
Looks like the girls did Matthew's hairdo.  ;)
 Then we went up to the reception.  They had one of the boys favorites...Ham and Cheese....


 See that pool behind everyone...what a chore it was to keep the kids away from it.  I think there were many who wanted to cool off in the sweet blue water.
 Time to cut the cake...
 and have their first dance.  Their difference in height is remarkable....  lol

 Sweet moves Breiden!
 Jade, one of the bridesmaids...
 That's a bit more like it...just pick her up.  ;)

 after they cut the cake and fed their bites to each other, I noticed Cody over by the cake...yep he swiped the leftovers they cut and finished the piece off.  :)


 Gone!
 Then I danced with him for a bit.


 The family keeps getting Bigger...
 and BIGGER...
 and BIGGER!  What an amazing legacy.  I read one of the signs that Breiden and Danielle had posted at their reception...it said, " We dedicate our marriage to our parents, for showing it was possible"  Something like that...I thought that was so sweet.  I have to say, I'm so grateful that my parents have stayed together through all the up and down times in life.
 



 This little scooter got some action around the backyard.  There was  a waiting list of kids wanting to take it for a spin.


 Ahhh, the diving board.  He couldn't be sitting any further away from this cute girl.  hehehe..
 
 a bird and a copter in the same photo.  pretty cool.
 And some funny pictures of me and my man.  ;)




 

 To forever and beyond to Eternity!!
 Danielle got all the kids up and line dancing.  She wasn't afraid to strut her stuff! Go Breez and Cambrea and Erika!

It was a fun busy day.  The bride and groom went off to Mexico the next morning for their Lua de Mel.
After leaving the reception at about 10:00, we decided the better idea was to get a good night sleep and get up at 5:00 a.m. to start our road trip.  So we went back to Uncle Jame's for the night and got some sleep and then headed home.  I drove the first shift.  Got us to about Twin Falls and stopped at a McDonalds for breakfast.  We also stopped in Ellensburg on the way back at CWU and visited with my buyers and customers.  Great day!  We finally arrived home about 7:30 p.m.  Still light out...got the car unloaded and settled in for the night.Smooth Sailing!  Thanks for the invitation to share such a memorable day with you, Breiden and Danielle.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the pictures! That wedding cake is awesome. I love how people have stepped away from old traditional styles and given their weddings their own flair. My cousin had a wedding cake made of brownies and was decorated with pretty flowers.

Julie and Mike Wood said...

Oooh something else I forgot to mention...their theme for treats at the reception was milk and cookies and they had this delicious banana flavored milk that was Yellow like their colors. so yum!