Sunday, April 3, 2016

February 20th 2016 A ride in the park

Its the last day of mid winter break and it is sunny and 60 degrees.  perfect day to get out the bikes.  We decided to take them out to Tyee Lake in Monroe, since we also wanted to visit our friends Heath and Nancy and meet their two day old Esther.  The groundhog seems to know this year we'll have an early Spring...here's the first blossoms from our primroses.  These were planted 4 or 5 years ago.  A hardy plant and I'm so happy that they come back every year.  Have to watch out for the slugs though...they love to munch on them too.
Once again, my pictures are turned sideways....I don't know why!  The sun was shining and I was itching to get out in it.  I suggested we go for a bike ride.  Mike is always up for doing fun things, so he set to work getting the tahoe loaded up and the bikes ready to go with air in the tires and all the add ons for Kaylie's ride.  We put the tag along bike behind me for Cody to ride and brought the trailer for Kaylie to ride in.  The helmet I had for her was larger than I thought.  I was able to fix it with some extra connections I had in my sewing materials. 

We decided to go out to Monroe to a Lake Tyee Park.  Kaylie liked riding in the caboose for a bit, but soon was tired of it and we headed back. We stopped at a bench beside the lake and threw some rocks into it trying to do some skips.  It was a little chilly and breezy, but the sun sure felt wonderful!!!






We stopped at the playground and let the kids ride the merry go round and Kaylie rode on her first swing.  She liked it.  She just hung forward and laughed and smiled.  I helped her go down the slide a few times.  She got to sit in the cedar chips of the playground and started putting them in her mouth...no, no no..  hahaha!

We then started to head to the Mason's house where we were delivering a baby blanket to Baby Esther Ruth Mason.  But we noticed a skate park, so we turned back around and let the boys try their hand at the skate park.  We had their razor scooters in the back.  I was so impressed by both Decker and Cody.  They were very brave climbing to the top of the ramps and riding down them.  There was another kid who could do a few tricks...I think the kids were amazed at his agility.  We were there for probably another hour, then we ran to McDonalds and had some burgers and then went to the Mason's house.  When I saw Esther...it was so crazy to think that at one time Kaylie was that small.  I had forgotten what it was like to have a 2 day old newborn in my arms and then watch my baby sitting on the floor, playing with the toys and crawling around.  This time sure does go by so FAST!  We had dinner with the Masons-we tried out the deli sandwiches from the local sandwich shop.
It was a fun fun day!
Here's our set up.  Kaylie is in the Yellow caboose.  We rode around the lake.  Kaylie liked it for awhile, but soon began to express displeasure.

Here you can get a glimpse of her.










After riding back to the park, we played on the playground for a bit.  Kaylie's first time on the swing.  She liked it!  Then I put her on the wood chips of the playground.  Of course, she wanted to put them in her mouth.  The boys had fun on the merry go round.  I went for a ride with Kaylie too.
Then we got in the car to leave and noticed a skate park....so we got out scooters out and practiced riding down the ramps and up the ramps.  Cody was pretty fearless, Decker a little more cautious.  They got the hang of it pretty fast though.
























And here's Esther...


No comments: