Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 9 & 10 Visit with Auntie Roberta, Becky and Rick

So we ended up leaving Campbell CA on Sunday about 12:00 noon and drove 5 hours to visit Auntie Roberta and my two, 2nd cousins, once removed.
Becky's home was lovely.  There was a river nearby, hummingbirds humming all over, I've never seen so many!  A very comfortable porch to relax and take in the natural beauty of the area.--This is where my mom would sleep on her visits to Becky's place.  Outside on the porch.  We saw a deer, a frog, dogs, birds and cats all living harmoniously in this wonderful setting.  We took Roberta and Rick out to dinner at an Italian restaurant and ordered some lasagna and pizza.  An hour later, our food still hadn't arrived, so we ended up leaving with our meal to eat later. The boys were on their last leg so to say.  On our way home, we saw about 3 -4 deer crossing the roads.  Quite amazing and in our drive the next day we saw a mama and her two babes.  So sweet!  Becky got to go ride a train with some friends...she showed us video of this amazing track that her friend created on his property and the trains that he provided that are full size for people to ride. What fun!
 Mike and Rick out by Becky's garden.  Growing flowers for Melissa's wedding this summer.  Rick cut all his long hair off.  He looks so handsome!
 You can see the river in the distance from her back porch, deck.
  Decker's got the camera...he liked taking pictures of the dogs...

 And I thought I'd give him a "crazy mom" pose!
 This is a picture of all the cousins...I'd name them, but I'm sure I would get one wrong...my mom is the last one on the right.
 And this one is of my grandma and her some of her sisters and brother.  My grandma Isabel is the last one on the right.
 At the restaurant...

 Decker has the camera again...daddy's still sleeping???
 Mom and Cody...
 The dogs...
 Breakfast with Aunt Roberta...

 Becky's off to work...
 Roberta and the boys...
 The whole crew...
 some of the amazing flocks of hummingbirds...
 A frog in Mike's hand from the front porch.
 Now we're driving up I-5.  There's Mt Shasta.
Thanks to Becky for having us and inviting us to stay. We loved hanging out and being with you all!

No comments: