Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving the Day After...Friday

Mom had worked on some geneaology of her side of the family and submitted names for everyone so that we could participate in a day at the Temple. This is everyone getting ready to go over:The teenagers went over on Friday morning to do baptisms. It was a neat experience because all the men got to participate in using their priesthood performing the baptisms and confirmations and being witnesses. While most everyone was over at the temple for this part, I got to be at home to help watch the young kids, until Breiden, MaKaylee and Rylee came home. this is what we did while they were gone:

Made another tutu...this one for Jade...

The kids painted pictures and played "dentist", some in their tutus...
Then my sister Leah and I went over to the temple to help with the initiatories and endowments. It was a great day to be together in the temple, what a treat!
Then in the afternoon, a few of us went to see Twilight: New Moon. I do have to say that Jacob was pretty cute in the movie...however, Bella is my least favorite character...way too depressed and moody. I hardly saw her smile once and does she forget her lines or something...so disconnected. Anyways, the book is much better. It was fun going out. While I was in the theater, Mike played the penny slots...lost all his pennies. :( Better luck next time...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That sounds so awesome! Best way to spend time with family. :)

Yeah, I don't like Bella either but never read the books. I can't figure out what's supposed to be so likable about her or see any evidence that Edward actually makes her happy. I thought it was done better than the first, but I'm not hooked on the story.