Sunday, December 6, 2009

Blessings and more

On Saturday, after so many people started to catch this bug, my niece, Makaylee asked if she could recieve a blessing. This prompted the healthy priesthood holders--my dad, my Mike and my brother Luke, in the house go around and give everyone who wanted one, a priesthood blessing.
It was like the time of the Saints in Nauvoo IL when there were so many sick with cholera or malaria and Joseph Smith went around blessing all those who were sick in bed.
My dad also blessed the home that anyone within these walls or would come within them would be healed quickly and that this sickness would leave the home and it would be a sanctuary again.
It was a great emotional and spiritual moment to witness and be a part of. It was wonderful to know that our family is blessed with worthy men to help lead and bless our lives.
Thank you dad for being such a good example to my husband and brothers.

All the sick were given buckets to carry around with them in case the urge hit. Decker used this bucket about 10 times....

Then can you tell? --- Decker is feeling much better!

2 comments:

Jschmalle said...

Well, I'm glad he's feeling better. There's nothing worse than a baby throwing up. Their just so helpless :(

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.