Saturday, November 7, 2015

Halloween in NEVERLAND 2015

This year our family went to Neverland for Halloween.  The idea sprang from Decker's 1st grade Safari show that he performed at the end of their school year in June 2015.  Kids in the class were different animals--panthers, crocodiles, elephants and safari kids.  Decker was a CROCODILE.  The instructions sent home was to make a costume for the child, didn't have to match anyone else, didn't have to be elaborate...anyways after some Pinterest and google searches, we came up with a costume for Decker.  Here's the two 1st grade classes.  This program was put together by their music teacher.
 I had happened to have some green snuggle fabric that we picked up at a garage sale that was perfect, cut out some yellow felt and sewed up this tail with the spikes coming out.  Stuffed it with some stuffing that I have had for SEVERAL years...added some ties that he could tie the tail around his waist.
 Got out a baseball hat and covered it with the same green fabric by gluing it, Added some googly eyes and sharp white felt teeth and then added some spikes along the top.  Decker had this green and blue shirt, so I cut out the yellow piece of tummy sewed some lines across the front for his wrinkles and then safety pinned it on to his shirt and then stuffed it with plastic bags, to give him a big tummy.  Then to top it off, he wore his dinosaur slippers.
 He had the best Crocodile costume there, if I do say so myself...and I heard a couple of other parent's comments.
 However, our little guy was pretty hot, so when he was done he stripped down and ran around outside.  We caught up with Ms Stookey, his teacher and got a picture with her.
So this triggered our Halloween theme and I just had to convince everyone that we could do a Peter Pan theme and Decker could be TICK TOCK CROC, Cody would be PETER PAN, Kaylie is TINKERBELL, I would be WENDY and Mike would be CAPTAIN HOOK.  We went to 3 Halloween activities.  The Cottage Lake Elementary Monster Mash was the first. 
At the school
 The party was a little too loud and lots of weird looking people everywhere.  Kaylie was a little overwelmed with it all and got this cute little pout.  She rarely cries, but she really didn't like all the NOISE.  Ironic how her shirt says, "You make me Smile"

 I thought it funny that Mike DIDN'T make her scared or sad.
 We found my nightgown at GOODWILL and I had some satin ribbon for my hair and around the waist.--Easy costume.  For Kaylie, we just put on one of her onesies and pants, bought the wings at the dollar store and added some green tutu material to a light blue and white tutu that we already had.

I had this GREEN Upholstery fabric that a friend had given me, so I thought I could make some costumes with it for Peter Pan.  I used the instructions that Amber used for making pajama pants for all the kids and made Cody's pants and shirt and then I made a pair of pants for Decker to go with his costume.  The material doesn't stretch at all...Cody's pants were really tight getting over his hips, but I figured for wearing it just a couple of days, I wasn't going to redo them.  at least they wouldn't fall down.  :)


The Second Halloween party we went to was Keppi's wards' Halloween party.  Decker didn't want to wear the hat....it made him too hot, so he said he wanted his face painted  GREEN instead.
Then our 3rd Party...Trunk or Treat for our ward, we went a step further and painted Decker's face GREEN with sharp teeth.


 Fly Fly AWAY...   all we need is a little Pixie Dust

This was the SCARY Haunted House we went to at Auntie K's ward party held in a BARN.  The boys were scared!  I got startled a couple of times which in turn startled Kaylie and scared her. I tried to keep her from seeing the zombies!

 Kaylie had her first glazed donut at the Trunk or Treat.  They served donuts and Apple Cider.  She licked and licked it and then grabbed my hand to get the donut back when I took it away.  SO CUTE!!!

 Decker with his friend Pikachoo-Asher.
 We added a ribbon to Kaylie's head this night.
 Once again...a little too much stimulation at the Barn Party.





After the Trunk or Treat, we went out to Monroe to Nancy and Heath's home to do some trick or treating in their neighborhood.  We ran home and picked up jammies for everyone...we were going to eat pizza and watch a movie and we wanted to be comfortable.  I'm in my Batman Jammies.  Nancy had these cute little bonnets that I couldn't resist trying on Kaylie...so cute!

Such a fun Night!  Another Halloween to put to rest.  :)

No comments: