Tuesday, November 9, 2010

First Encounters

During this pregnancy, Decker referred to my tummy as "baby". He also referred to everyone else's tummy as baby...dad's, his own, grandma's. He loved to put his "baby" up to my "baby", skin to skin. He loved to lay his head on my "baby" and give him zerberts too. It was very sweet. I have video of him doing it with Mike, but Mike doesn't want that one to go public. LOL :) Here's some pictures of him with Mike's "baby" and my "baby". One day, my tummy was grumbling. I told Decker it was the baby making that noise. We laughed and laughed about that. It was so loud and it kept going on and on. It was pretty funny!
So on Saturday night, when we went to the hospital, and we left, Decker told everyone that we were going to the hospital. We thought it was so cute that he could tell people where we went and he seemed to understand what was going on.
On 10.10.10 Sunday at 1100 a.m., Grandma Wood brought Decker to the hospital to meet the new little brother he'd heard so much about.
Decker climbed up onto my bed with me and as I introduced him. Decker pointed out his eyes, mouth and nose. I asked him if he wanted to hold Cody and he said "yes". So I put Cody in his lap. Cody made a couple of cries and Decker started to push him away. He was done holding him.

For the rest of their visit, Decker was checking out light switches, the blinds in the windows, the chairs, the machines and anything else he could get his hands on. Mike blew up a rubber glove into a balloon--- he had fun hitting that into the air and drinking out of my super sized water bottle and straw.
We took Cody home on Monday, October 11th at about 3:00 p.m. Decker had his own introduction he'd been waiting to make: Buzz Lightyear.

I love this serious look on Decker's face. It's like he's saying 'Hi, I'm the Big brother."

I'm writing this about a month after we brought Cody home. Decker sure likes his brother. Some of the things I remember:

--Decker came into our bedroom where I was nursing Cody. Decker asked," Where's Cody?" I told him I was feeding him. Decker looked under the bed, behind the nightstand...it was pretty funny.

--Now many mornings Decker's first words are, "Where's Cody?" He likes to climb up on the bassinet and peek over the edge and touch him.

--Decker likes to sit at Cody's swing and read to him from his favorite books. His favorites these days are his Cars, Spiderman, Toy Story and Go Dog, Go books.

--Decker tells me Cody is crying and smiles and giggles when he hears Cody pass gas.

--Decker likes to sit in Cody's swing and will also attempt to sit in there with Cody. He pushes the swing and says, "Weeee".

--He'll ask to hold Cody several times every day and wants to kiss him. He's proud of his little brother and calls him "Baby Co ee"
--Today, Decker was holding Cody and he bent over and touched him nose to nose and said, "Noses"....something I've always done with him. So sweet!
--Cody's blanket was in the wash, so I thought I would borrow one of Decker's for the day. I had left the room and when I came back in I found Decker trying to pick Cody up off his blanket and pull it out from underneath him all at the same time while saying, "MINE. MINE." I've learned my lesson...Toddlers don't like to share... :) Not yet anyways...
Needless to say it has been fun watching Decker with his new brother and I'm sure there are many instances that I've forgotten and will have to write about as they come to me. For now, Decker adores his new younger brother.

No comments: