Saturday, June 26, 2010

Father's Day 2010

Father's Day this year was a SICK one. All Three of us are under the weather with a bad cough in the chest. Mike went to the doctor and got a prescription for antibiotics to clear out the infection.
We took Decker to the pediatrician and the Dr. didn't seem too concerned since it hasn't affected his appetite or disposition, or caused him to have a fever or other symptoms. It's been educational.
Since I'm pregnant, I just try to grin and bear it. ;)
So, for the day, we stayed at home all day. I was awoken at about 5:00 a.m. to little Decker tossing and turning in his bed so I got up to check on him. He felt really hot like he had a fever, so I gave him a glass of water and I thought, I ought to give him something to eat before I give him Tylenol on an empty stomach, so I gave him some crackers. Not 5 minutes later, he threw all that up. So we got in the bathtub to clean up and cool off a little. After that, Decker was so sleepy, so I put him back in bed. We then all slept in till 10:30. I got up a little earlier than that and made Breakfast for my boys in bed. Bacon, Eggs, Waffles and Orange Juice.

Then we set up our bed pad downstairs and put on Toy Story 2 and fell asleep watching Woody and Buzz--Decker's latest favorite characters--not that he's ever seen the movie or anything...he likes them because they are on his Pull ups. :)
We got some good rest today and just hung out together as a family. Hopefully the sickness will leave our home soon! My cute Boys!!
Happy Father's Day Mike! You're the best!
WE LOVE YOU AND APPRECIATE ALL YOU DO FOR OUR FAMILY!

1 comment:

AGamble said...

Sorry to hear you were sick for Father's Day. We thought that Abigail might have had a fever around seven days old, but it just turned out to be her evening warming nothing to worry about. (A baby's temp. is said to be normal from 97º to 100.4ºF.) Hers was 99.5ºF.
Adam