Monday, February 16, 2009

I "Woof" You!

After over 100 hours or 4 days without Decker, I was so glad to be on an airplane coming back to Las Vegas from Missouri. Decker had stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Gamble for the week while Mike and I had to work.

It was Valentine's day weekend and Mike and I weren't going to be together. He was so sweet and secretly had one of my coworkers help him get a beautiful bouquet of a dozen red roses delivered to me at MBS. Unfortunately, I forgot them on the plane in Denver on a layover and didn't realize it till we landed in Las Vegas. I was pretty bummed that they didn't make it home with me. But it gave me space in my hands to carry someone else. ......;)

Grandma brought Decker to the Las Vegas airport to pick me up. Like I said, it had been over 4 days since I'd seen him. He had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa ,which, when I saw and reached for him....he hugged on to grandma for an extra second or two. Then he got mesmorized by all the lights, sounds and people of the Las Vegas airport.... and then he came to me. I was so glad to see him. My mom had his hair in his "sumo" ponytail hairdo like I talked about earlier (http://julieandmikewood.blogspot.com/2009/02/mom-and-me-look-alike.html) and she had put little heart stickers on his face and Decker brought me a little stuffed dog key chain that, when you squeeze it, it says "I woof you". Decker was the best Valentines day gift ever!! To make it even more fun, when I flew home to Seattle, Mike had another surprise for me. He had rigged a lamp in our room with a red bulb, so when the door opened the sensor caused the red light to go on and light up the room in a Romantic Valentine Red Hue. He also made a lamp shade out of a paper bag. He cut out hearts and wrote love notes all over it and then covered the lamp, so that when the sensor noticed the motion it also turned on and threw heart shaped lights on the walls in the RED room! It was ingenius! I was so glad to be home!

No comments: