Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ahhhh! To Be Young Again!

Aren't there times when we wish we could be young again? Make different choices, less responsibility, have more fun. With the Economy right now, don't we wish we could be as kids again, supported by our parents?


As a mommy and taking care of Decker, I comment on how easy Decker has it....he's carted around in his carseat wherever we go, rides in a stroller, he has no control over what we do with him, but he is just along for the ride wondering "Where do I GET to go next?"

...He gets to nap two or three times a day.

...He doesn't worry about food in his teeth or up his nose,--he just enjoys the chance to feed himself...

...He doesn't have to worry about "holding it" on long trips--he's got a port-a-potty all his own.

He can squeeze into tight spots that we can't anymore...

He doesn't quite understand that there are consequences to all his movements and actions. We just take care of him--and that's all he needs to know. :) Sometimes, Ignorance can be bliss!

Being with Decker's "older" cousins this week, it makes me realize that we all, no matter what age we are...wish we could be younger.

Check out Isabel (2 1/2) playing in Decker's toys.

She wants to nap in the playpen. Ooh how comfortable. ;)

Isabel wants to revert to sitting and walking in a baby's walker!










1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ah, yes. I remember the good old days when I would get home from school and the only decisions I had to make were, "Should I play tag, jumprope, or hopscotch?" I miss the carefree days, but I love being a mom. :)