Saturday, November 4, 2017

Our First Hike--July 8, 2017 Cherry Falls, Duvall WA

It was a beautiful Saturday and we were in the mood to go for a hike.  I had recently read of someone doing the Cherry Falls hike.  And it was only a few miles away.  There was a drizzle of rain coming down, but perfect day.  We got out the hiking backpack and we put our little 30 pound girl in it.  The hike was 2 miles long...4 miles round trip.
I tried to get all 5 of us in the picture.  You can just barely see Kaylie around the left side of my face peeking out.  The boys loved the hike and Kaylie enjoyed being back packed in and out.












We made it to the waterfalls and had our picnic.  The water was a great releif, because we were all pretty hot and sweaty!
Cody likes to do these little "dabs"  From what I read about them online, it all started with a football player making the sign, and it means "I'm better than you"...I see lots of kids doing it now.





Decker is trying to catch a crawfish...























We ate berries along the way...



There were these arrows here and there along the path directing hikers to the falls.  You blink and you might miss them.


A makeshift teeter totter.
By the end of the hike, Kaylie had been rocked to sleep and I was in pain!  My hips had carried the extra 30 pounds...it took me a couple of days to recuperate.  The hike was worth it.  A great memory for the summer.  The boys both asked when we could go on another hike.  We had good intentions, but never did another hike this year.  Till next year!  And probably have Kaylie walk this time.  LOL


No comments: