Sunday, October 27, 2013

Happy 40th --to my Husband who is still HOT!!

 To start out the day...we went and got some BLACK and WHITE balloons...to celebrate that Dad is OVER the HILL...We surprised him at work.  We snuck up to his office and sang Happy Birthday.  One of his customers was there and later got out his saxophone and played Happy Birthday.  It was awesome and so random at the same time.  Mike was so happy and surprised that we showed up.
 He immediately gave the boys wrenches and put them to work.  :)
  We went over to the storage warehouse and Mike asked the boys to look for our boat.  They found it so quickly amongst the 100s of boats in there!
 That evening, we went to AGAVE for some Mexican food celebration/fiesta!
 I asked our server if they sang to those celebrating their birthdays.  She said, "not usually, but would see what she could do".  She asked me who's birthday it was..."the one in the bright shirt"?  Yep, that's the one! :)  They brought him a little piece of cake and ice cream and sang Happy birthday.
 
 We then went back home and had Mike's favorite dessert.  Cherry/Pineapple Cobbler.  and of course we had the trick candles on the cake so everyone got a chance to blow out the candles...
 
 Mike's dad arrived the day after.  Decker got dressed for school and then went out to Grandpa Bobs trailer and snuck in bed with him...all COZY.  Grandpa Bob got to see Decker off at the school bus and pick him up at the end of the day.  What a treat!
 On Saturday, the 19th, I had planned a SURPRISE OVER the HILL birthday for our 40 year old.  We created a sham party for Saturday night to throw him off.  Grandpa Bob took Mike out garage saling and then would bring him over to Grandma Wood's house for the surprise.
We had Minute To Win It games.  Here's one:  Junk in the Trunk.  You had to jump around and get 8 ping pong balls to bounce out of the kleenex boxes that are attached to these bows tied around their waists.  The kids loved this game.

 We had ham and cheese deli sandwiches, Chips and onion dip, Chips and Salsa, a veggie tray and Sweet and Spicy meatballs.

 I meant to put a gravestone at the top of the grave...but forgot...I love that I used Decker's Lego Tree.
 I placed tombstones around the front porch...


 I was so sad...I gave my camera to Shelly to take pictures for me and I was going to film him getting here...well I hit the wrong button on my film recorder...I'm sure there are many who have done this...not the first.  We sprayed him with silly string as he came in.  ;)



 


 who's blowing up the balloon here???
 Older than Dirt Pudding cups...





 Grandma Markie was there in spirit...got to use her walker...Mike may be needing one soon.  ;)

 Time to cut into the cake...
 
 Mike and Jen, Shelly, Keppi
 Stephan, Rachna and Colton Grunkemeier...
 Jen and Rob Schmalle
 David and Ariel
 Keith and Sara Butler....Evie, Daphne and  (They won the prize for travelling the furthest--Oregon.)
 Heath, Nancy and Liam Compton...
 The next Minute to Win It game.  Elephant March.  Knock the bottle over with a baseball lodged in panty hose tied around your waist.

 
 It was a fun and busy day!!! I was so glad everyone came.  A party is all about the people involved.  Thank you so much for all your support and love!
Now,  I just have 2 more parties to complete before months end and October will be a success!  Gary's retirement dinner and HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's awesome. Happy Birthday, Mike!