Friday, February 18, 2011

Cody is four months old

We had Cody's 4 month Wellness check up. 3 Immunizations, 2 shots and one oral--When the nurse came in, Decker asked: "Give Cody shot?"--he remembered last time....When the doctor came in, Decker asked: "Give Cody shot?"--Pretty funny. Decker likes to lay on Cody like a pillow and he likes to suck on his pacifiers. He calls the pacifier "Coee fire".


His stats:


Weight: 14 lbs 10 oz 50%
Height: 25 1/2 inches 75%
Head Circumference: 16 3/4 50 - 75%


This past month has been so fun. He loves his fingers and just studies his hands and fingers and loves to chew on them and often will choke himself with them.

He is a drooler. Decker was hardly a drooler....you'd think he has teeth coming in...not the case.

His bowel system is starting to regulate itself. He wouldn't have a number 2 for several days....4-6 days at a time. And then it would come--blow out--...interestingly enough when I was out visiting customers for work. They were all very understanding though. ;)

We moved Cody out of the bassinet. I struggled with putting him in the crib in Decker's room. Trying to coordinate naps and bedtime was frightening to me, so we did a little rearranging this past weekend and put the crib in "grandma's" room. Cody slept in it for the first time this week. He's getting used to it and sleeping well in it now.

2/14 He rolled over from his back to his tummy this week and seems to like to stay that way because he keeps going to his tummy when I put him on his back.

We brought the high chair back up to the dining room and I would set him in it while fixing dinner or doing the dishes...I'm starting to get excited to feed him cereal and veggies. He already seems interested in our food.

We stayed in our first hotel away from home this month. He slept well and travelled great. It was fun to be out on our own.

He likes to extend his head way back when he sleeps...not sure why, but he does it all the time...pictures to come...
when he was born he would make sounds like a kitten and I still hear his meows. ;)





2 comments:

Tammy Bennett said...

My favorite stage for babies is when they discover their hands and fingers and try to do stuff with them. It's so cute to watch them. I'm so glad you took pictures by the monkey again. I was so stressed that you took the picture of him next to Decker instead of the monkey last month, because how can you get a good comparison that way???!!! I thought about it several times this month. Funny huh. So I'm glad you didn't abandon your monkey shots and teddy bear shots because I love seeing them and I've been thinking it's such a great idea.

Julie and Mike Wood said...

He has been so fun to watch as he's discovered his hands. I don't remember Decker being as entranced with them as Cody. Even my hands he loves to explore! I'm glad we did the monkey too. I think it's funny how his hair matches the fur on the monkey too. :)
this last week he has found his feet...can't quite get them in his mouth yet...but I'm sure it won't be long. It's hilarious watching his eyes follow his feet and trying to coordinate his hands to grab them. Way too cute!