Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend 2009

OUR HOME IN PARADISE AWAY FROM HOME....

Setting up the first night...Got to get our "kitchen" put together.

Ahhhh, Fire.. .. Next, DINNER....

Our Favorite: FOIL DINNERS. Meat, potatoes, celery, onions and carrots. Decker likes it too!

However, Decker did not like this fake green grass carpet. He's trying his hardest to not touch it with his hands. It made for a great invisible cell. We didn't have to chase him all over the campsite...till DAY 2. ;)

He did like other aspects of camping: Running soft sand through his fingers at the beach.
Sitting around the campfire wearing my hat...
Sticking his feet in the river...no complaints :)
Jiffy Pop! The popcorn came out perfect this time...another use for Mike's Weenie Roaster.
Then to the pool with Uncle Jon and cousins, Ilee and Quin, to clean up from a dirty and tired weekend camping:

Decker actually spoke a few times this weekend. Decker said, "I love my mom"! Mike and I both heard him say it! We both couldn't believe it!

He also said in response to Mike's comment, "This has been such a fun weekend" and Decker responded saying, "Yeeeahh"! It was so cute!
One morning, there were dogs barking at other campsites. Decker heard them and I heard him say "Doggy, woof woof"!

A look back to Memorial Day 2008, 8 months pregnant...
Swollen ankles to match the swollen belly...
Cooking Pancakes for Breakfast...
GOOD TIMES!!

1 comment:

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

HOW FUN!! I can't wait to talk to you about this! I LOVE to camp... but I've been worried about taking Gavin... I don't know what to expect with the sleeping arrangements or even IF he would sleep in a tent/ pack n play!